Skyline Grange #894
11275 NW Skyline Blvd. Portland, OR 97231
April 22, 1940
- Organized with 37 charter members
- First Master was Lawrence Mack
- Original meeting place was at Skyline School
April 19, 1948
- Made first down payment on Grange building site.
- Present Grange property was purchased from Clarence & Bertha Pauly
- Bought defense building on Swan Island, tore it down, and moved it to this building site.
- Moved meetings from Skyline School to American Legion Hall on NW Quarry Road.
May 7, 1951
- Had first meeting in hall on present site.
Oct 17, 1955
- Hall was dedicated by Elmer McClure, State Grange Master
- Hall burned down
Early Activities & Accomplishments
- First to sponsor participation of this community in the Junior Rose Festival Parade.
- Sponsored the Well-Child Clinic starting in 1948
- Sponsored the visiting Blood Mobile and TB Unit
- Encourage road improvements
- Helped March of Dimes & selling of TB stamps.
- Sponsored immunization clinic
- Gave 4-H scholarships
- Gave showers
- Made contributions to community members in distress
- Sponsored Boy Scout Troop
- Active Home Ec Club organized most projects for raising money for the Grange.
- Collected gifts for the mental hospital, TB, and Children's Hospital.
- Sent Christmas boxes to servicemen
- Put on Fair & Festival using the proceeds for the building
Source: Information compiled by Sen Speroff from logs of Grange minutes & notes from Rosa McClure, former Grange Historian